Welcome to HypnoBirthing…

by Launi on August 1, 2011

in HypnoBirthing info

HypnoBirthing® is a complete childbirth education program that teaches expectant couples to view birth as a normal, natural, healthy part of life, rather than a medical emergency. In the absence of fear and tension, a woman’s body is uniquely and perfectly designed to birth comfortably, calmly, and safely. HypnoBirthing dispels the myths and fears that lead to anxiety and negative expectations about the process of normal childbirth. Using the simple techniques of deep relaxation, positive birthing affirmations and visualizations mothers will learn to follow their own natural instincts to allow the body to birth easily and in a more effective and comfortable manner–the way nature intended.

~The Advantages of HypnoBirthing – The Mongan Method~

• Provides accurate pregnancy and birth information, emphasizing the body’s ability to birth comfortably, and releasing fears that can lead to tension and discomfort.
  • Effective relaxation techniques allow women to give birth as nature intended: without suffering. Some women have painless births using the relaxation and breathing exercises, although HypnoBirthing doesn’t promise pain-free birthing.
  • HypnoBirthing skills allow you to stay calm and focused should your birthing take an unexpected turn.
  • Visualization techniques help you create the best possible outcome for you and your baby.
  • The deep relaxation of HypnoBirthing leads to shorter, easier labors with fewer complications.
  • Greatly reduces the need for interventions like pitocin, anesthesia, and surgical birth.
  • HypnoBirthing helps parents bond with their growing child during pregnancy, which can help to reduce the “baby-blues” after the baby is born.
  • HypnoBirthing moms are both deeply relaxed and completely aware during birth.
  • It helps to preserve the intimate, quiet atmosphere that is most conducive to a gentle birth experience.

The course is taught in a series of 5 classes–2-1/2 hours each, one per week. You and your partner are welcome to join us!

My returning couples are always welcome to attend classes for free.  :}

Take the class

Read my couples’ Birth Stories

Watch HypnoBirthing videos

Meet Launi

Learn about Placenta Encapsulation

Contact Launi-

Launi@GraciousRain.com

801-225-1251

*Affiliated with the HypnoBirthing Institute

{ 19 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Lynnette November 28, 2011 at 7:00 am

This is beautiful – I didn’t even know you had a site for your Hypno Birthing classes. Sure wish we would have had this back in the dark ages :) The couples that get to work with you are sure lucky.

2 Launi November 28, 2011 at 10:04 am

Yeah…we could have used this info, long ago! You are so sweet…

3 Katrina November 28, 2011 at 7:00 am

If I ever have another child I want to come to your classes!!!!

4 Launi November 28, 2011 at 10:04 am

Then I vote you have another child! :}

5 Kathy November 28, 2011 at 8:14 am

WOW! The site looks amazing! I can’t wait to hold my little one. ;)

6 Tracy November 28, 2011 at 9:59 am

I love Hypnobirthing, and your classes were very informative. I was able to give birth in a more relaxed state because I was taught the correct way to relax. I learned so much about my body during labor. I feel confident that if I ever was in labor again, that Rob would be more educated because of your class as well.Thank you for your wonderful classes!

7 Launi November 28, 2011 at 10:05 am

You–my dear–are a natural at this stuff. :}

8 Launi November 28, 2011 at 10:04 am

Soon…very soon. :}

9 *LyndiLou* November 28, 2011 at 10:27 am

You are a awesome instructor teaching a wonderful class. It’s great to have so much helpful information available through the class, but it’s really nice knowing your couples can turn to you any time they need help, support, encouragement and friendship! Thanks for everything!

10 Natalia November 28, 2011 at 12:13 pm

I live way over in Kansas but think what you are doing there is wonderful. I have 3 healthy kids, not thanks to hypnobirthing unfortunately, but I know you must feel so honored that people allow you the opportunity to be their teacher. What a blessing and a privilege.

11 Launi August 24, 2012 at 9:49 am

Teaching is such a great blessing. I love it. :}

12 Dot November 28, 2011 at 1:56 pm

It’s beautiful!! I still tell all my pregnant friends about hypnoBirthing and someday maybe I will even get to learn it and use it myself.

13 Amy L. November 28, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Woohoo! Such a great place to show off your mad Hypnobirthing skills!!! If I ever have another baby, I’m so taking this class!!

14 Laura J. November 29, 2011 at 2:14 pm

I am so happy to be able to follow you on here too! I love that you teach HypnoBirthing classes. Now had I just known when I was having kids! =c).

15 Jan November 30, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Looks great! Love the sweet photos! :)

16 Kristy Grass April 17, 2012 at 11:14 pm

This is Pam, the mom, but I wanted you to know how much we appreciate you and your girls that we know. Next week is the best guess date–I hope. Kristy will be finished with her classes next Monday. We have a couple of questions. On the scripts, why do you have to wake up? Wouldn’t it be nice to sleep–especially if it is night-time? Then, when things are really going on, you could become aware and feel energized. Do you automatically notice when the surges are over and time the return to awareness to that moment? If so, do you start a script or plant a suggestion just as a surge starts?

17 Launi April 18, 2012 at 12:40 pm

With the scripts, the reason we have the prompt to wake up is so that when you’re practicing time is finished you can get on with your regular activities and feel energized. But yes, of course, if you are practicing right before bedtime then you would use the prompt “continue relaxing and allow yourself to drift off to sleep.” Something like that. The idea of practicing so much before labor begins is so that the ability to drop into a deep comfortable, relaxed state becomes easy and instinctive. Mom may deeply relax for the length of the surge and come back to normal awareness afterwards OR she may just choose to relax and stay in the deep state, sleeping on and off, for hours–especially if she goes into labor at night. It’s up to her. We’ve had hundreds of moms do it both ways. If mom needs you or wants you to use scripts and prompts during labor then of course use them. You have a whole page of positive prompts for labor in the handout booklet–in chapter 4. That should help. :}

18 Dot April 25, 2012 at 5:46 pm

I had to share my friends experience. With her first baby, the birth was horrible, both mom and baby could have died! I will not elaborate there. So when she was pregnant with baby number 2 ( Ella is the sweet baby’s name), she wanted things to go better! I gave her my HypnoBirthing book that you gave me/my sister. She read it and loved it. Her birth this time was amazing and wonderful. She knew what she wanted and how to do it and she was able to have a wonderful, natural birthing experience with little Ella! Thanks so much for sharing, you helped make her second child’s birth wonderful!

19 Launi April 25, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Wahooo! Thanks for loaning her your book. Seriously, it’s amazing what learning a few fundamental things can do to the outcome of labor and birthing. I’m so happy for your friend. :}