In the HypnoBirthing program there are five 2-1/2 hour classes, one each week. I teach a Saturday morning class and a Wednesday evening class as well—so that there are many options for today’s busy couples.
The topics covered in the HypnoBirthing course are:
- Class 1- Physiology of birth, Fear/Tension/Pain Syndrome, What Hypnosis is and is not, birth videos
- Class 2- Prenatal bonding, Working as partners, Slow Breathing, Deep Relaxation, Fear Release, birth videos
- Class 3- Nutrition, Writing your Birth Plan, HypnoBirthing vs. Active Management of Labor, birth videos
- Class 4- Labor walk-through, Birth Breathing, Relaxation Techniques, birth videos
- Class 5- Skin to skin bonding, Newborn procedures, New parent interviews, birth videos
~The 5 week course cost is $175 which includes the book “HypnoBirthing- the Mongan Method,” 2 practice cds and a handout booklet.
Our current 2012 schedule is:
Saturday 10:00 am to 12:30 pm–August 18, September 1, 8, 15, 22
Wednesday 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm–August 29, September 5, 12, 19, October 3
Saturday 10:00 am to 12:30 pm–September 29, Oct. 13, 20, 27, Nov. 3
Wednesday 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm–October 10, 17, 24, November 7, 14
Saturday 10:00 am to 12:30 pm–November 10, 17, December 1, 8, 15
~Please check the schedule regularly– occasionally, we need to make changes.
All classes are held at the Utah Valley Specialty Hospital in the Riverwoods— 306 W. River Bend Lane, Provo, Utah
Directions to UVSH: From University Ave, turn west on 5200 N/River Park Drive. Turn right on River Run Drive, then Left on River Bend Lane. The hospital will be on your right hand side. As you enter the building go straight ahead to the end of the hall–the “Canyon View” classroom will be clearly marked to the left.